Product Center > Amoxicillin Capsule
Concise Prescription Information
【Common Name】Amoxicillin Capsule
【Characteristics】 The content of this product is white to yellow powder or granule .
【Suitability】Amoxicillin is suitable for the following infections caused by sensitive
bacteria (strains that do not produce β-lactamase):
1. Upper respiratory tract infections such as otitis media, sinusitis, pharyngitis, tonsillitis and so on caused by Hemolytic Streptococcus,
Streptococcus Pneumoniae, Staphylococcus or Hemophilus Influenzae.
2. Urinary tract infections caused by Escherichia Coli, Proteus Mirabilis or Enterococcus Faecalis.
3. Skin and soft tissue infection caused by Hemolytic Streptococcus, Staphylococcus or Escherichia Coli.
4. Acute bronchitis, pneumonia and other lower respiratory tract infections caused by Hemolytic Streptococcus, Streptococcus Pneumoniae,
Staphylococcus or Hemophilus Influenzae.
5. Acute simple gonorrhea.
6. This product can also be used in the treatment of typhoid fever, typhoid carriers and Leptospira. Amoxicillin can also be combined with Clarithromycin
Lansoprazole to eradicate gastric and duodenal HP and reduce the recurrence rate of gastrointestinal ulcer.
【Specification】(1)0.125g (2)0.25g (3) 0.5g
【Usage and Dose】Oral. 0.5g one time every 6-8 hours for adult, and the daily dose not more than 4g.
Children shall be given as per their body weight i.e. a daily dose of 20 ~ 40 mg/Kg, one time every 8 hours;
and infants under 3 months shall be given as per their body weight i.e. a daily dose of 30 mg/Kg, one time every 12 hours.
Patients with severe impairment of renal function need to adjust the dosage. 0.25 ~ 0.5g every 12 hours for patients with
endogenous creatinine clearance is 10~30ml / min. 0.25~0.5g every 24 hours for patient with endogenous creatinine clearance rate less than 10ml / min.
【Interaction of Medicine】
1. Probenecid competently reduces the secretion of renal tubules in this product, Simultaneous use of them could increase
the blood concentration of Amoxicillin and prolong the half-life of Amoxicillin.
2. Oxymycin, macrolides, sulfonamides and tetracycline drugs interfere with the antibacterial effect of amoxicillin in vitro,
but their clinical significance is unknown.